CDS MA Economics
What are the details for CDS MA Economics Entrance ?
Centre for Development Studies or popularly known as CDS is an autonomous research center set up at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala and which is sponsored by Kerala Government and the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR). CDS was set up in 1970 under the leadership of Prof. K.N. Raj with aim of promoting research, teaching, and training in disciplines relevant to development. CDS is ranked amongst the top in terms of publications. CDS has been offering admission to two courses (regular)
1. MA in Applied Economics, and
2. Doctoral course in Economics.
The degree for both these courses is awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
CDS MA Economics Course
As mentioned earlier, CDS offers MA Applied Economics Course which aims to provide rigorous training in terms of theory, methods and tools as well for applied economic analysis. The course has special focus on the issues related to economic development. The course also aims to enable and equip the students in a manner that they can adjust and adapt to any sector they go in like academics, government, national and international development agencies, research centers or corporate sector.
Here is a video for your MA Economics Entrance Preparation.
For MA Economics Entrance 2023 Course Details - Click Here
CDS MA Economics Important Dates
Last date - June 30, 2022
Date of Entrance Examination - July 31, 2022
Date of Selection list & wait list announcement - August 19, 2022
Commencement of Course - September 12, 2022
CDS MA Economics Eligibility
The eligibility for :
Students need to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50 percent of marks. Candidates from SC, ST and Persons with Disability (PWD) are eligible to apply irrespective of percentage of marks secured in the qualifying degree.
Students appearing for final year also eligible. Such candidates, if selected, need to have secured the minimum prescribed percentage of marks in their qualifying examination at the time of registration to the course.
SAARC Countries Students
Students needs to have a Bachelor’s/undergraduate degree (three year course) with English as the medium of instruction and the three year undergraduate course must be equivalent to an undergraduate course of an Indian university.
All certificates provided by the candidate must be Apostille certified before joining the course.
CDS MA Economics Entrance Exam Pattern
Questions - 100
Type - Multiple Choice Objective questions.
Duration - two hours duration
Marking - Correct answer - 3 marks & one mark deducted for each wrong answer.
Maximum marks - 300
CDS MA Economics Fee
At CDS the tuition fee for the MA Course is INR 8000 (INR 2000 for students belonging to SC/ST category) per semester. Differently abled MA students will be charged only 25% of general tuition fee, provided that their annual family income does not exceed INR2.5 lakhs. However, the fee waiver for PWD students is applicable for tuition fee only.
There is also one-time JNU Registration/Enrolment fee of INR 10115 and miscellaneous charges of INR 500.
CDS MA Economics Placements
At CDS for MA Economics, its the student body which organizes a placement facility with the active cooperation of the Centre. The Centre also provides letters of references to deserving candidates for prosecuting their doctoral studies at well-known universities both in India and aboard
CDS MA Economics Syllabus
1. Consumer behaviour Utility maximization and Demand
2. Theories of production and cost
3. Choice under uncertainty
4. Perfect competition and Monopoly
5. Basic models of Oligopoly
6. Cournot, Bertrand and Stackelberg
1. National Income accounting
2. Simple Keynesian model
3. ISLM model
4. Solow growth model,
5. Theories of money demand and money supply,
6. Consumption and Investment.
1. Algebra: Index Number; Logarithm; Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic Progression; Permutation and Combination; Theory of Equations.
2. Matrix Algebra: Concept of Matrix and Vectors; Matrix Addition and Multiplication; Commutative, Associative and Distributive Laws; Identity and Null Matrix; Transpose and Inverse of a Matrix; Determinant, Cramer’s rule.
3. Calculus: Functions; Limits; Continuity; Differentiation of Functions of one or more Variables including Trigonometric Functions; Unconstrained Optimization; Definite and Indefinite Integrals; Integration by Parts and by Substitution. First Order and Second Order Difference/Differential Equations
1. Probability Theory: Classical and Axiomatic Definition of Probability; Calculus of Probability; Conditional Probability and Statistical Independence; Random Variables; Distribution Functions; Density and Mass Functions.
2. Descriptive Statistics: Summarization of Data; Frequency Distribution and it’s Graphical Representation; Bivariate and Multivariate Frequency Distribution; Measures of Central Tendency, Measures of Dispersion, Skewness, Kurtosis and correlation.
3. Sampling: Concepts of population and sample, Sampling Design and Random Sampling
4. Theoretical and Sampling Distributions: Mean, Variance and Other Moments of Binomial, Poisson, Negative Binomial, Geometric, Normal and Rectangular Distribution. Concept of Standard Normal, Chi Square, F distribution and their moments.
5. Statistical Inference: Point Estimation, Unbiasedness, Confidence Interval, Ordinary Least Square, Goodness of Fit; Hypothesis Testing: Null and Alternative Hypothesis; Type I and Type II error, Size of a test. Acceptance and Rejection Region, p-value. Analysis of Variance (ANOVA).
In this topic various issues in the contemporary Indian economy will be covered and suggested references include last two years’ Economic Survey published by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India and Reserve Bank of India Bulletin and Annual Report along with other publications
CDS Contact Details
Academic Programme Office on Tel: 0471 2774253/4
Time - 9 AM to 5 PM E - Mail - email@example.com
We hope this blog was helpful.
Hope this helps, till next time happy learning.
For course enrollment or query, please drop us WhatsApp at 8368663950
Fill our Google Form : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfP6kWOBG6gzVxKmgyH4tVtcEK64QV4pZ-D1JY939Mpzwl4KQ/viewform
Download our Android app
YouTube Channel ArthaPoint
For any query, you can also, contact us at 8368663950