top of page
Intermediate Macroeconomics I
Quick Doubt Resolution
Complete syllabus covered AS PER DU
Access for 6 months
Fee - Rs 4,500
Book - DORNBUSCH & FISCHER
Unit - 1
The labour market, Wage determination; wages, prices and employment; natural rate of unemployment; from employment to output
Unit - 2
Aggregate demand and aggregate supply curves Derivation of aggregate demand and aggregate and supply curves; interaction of aggregate demand and supply to determine equilibrium output, price level and employment
Unit - 3
Inflation, unemployment and expectations Phillips curve; adaptive and rational expectations; policy ineffectiveness debate.
Unit - 4
Microeconomic foundations Consumption: Keynesian consumption function; Fisher‘s theory of optimal intertemporal choice; lifecycle and permanent income hypotheses; rational expectations and random walk of consumption expenditure
Investment: determinants of business fixed investment; residential investment and inventory investment
Demand for money
1. Abel, A., Bernanke, B. (2016). Macroeconomics, 9th ed. Pearson Education.
2. Blanchard, O. (2018). Macroeconomics, 7th ed. Pearson Education.
3. Branson, W. (2013). Macroeconomics: Theory and policy, 3rd ed, East West Press.
4. Dornbusch, R., Fischer, S., Startz, R. (2018). Macroeconomics, 12th ed. McGraw-Hill.
5. Jones, C. (2016). Macroeconomics, 4th ed. W. W. Norton.
6. Mankiw, N. (2016). Macroeconomics, 9th ed. Worth Publishers.
Aggregate demand, aggregate supply, inflation, unemployment, expectations
Amendment as per the last meeting on 11th August, 2020
*As per the notice on DSE Website
bottom of page